Best Kitchen Remodel Software for Beginners
What room is at the center of your home? The kitchen, right? It’s the most important room in the house, where everyone meets together to talk, drink coffee, and often eat, too!
Of course, while we all dream of a big kitchen we can entertain in, it has to be practical, too. You need storage space for all the food, work surfaces to prepare meals, an oven, sink, refrigerator and freezer, and other features. And if you want your kitchen to be beautiful and functional, you’re going to need great kitchen remodel software to help.
What Is Kitchen Remodel Software?
A kitchen remodel program will take all the guesswork out of designing the perfect kitchen. You’ll be able to enter your exact measurements and requirements and generate 3D models of what your kitchen could look like.
How Do You Plan Your Kitchen Design With Kitchen Remodel Software?
Most kitchen remodel software is designed for professional kitchen designers, and so isn’t beginner friendly. It can also be expensive, and so isn’t necessary if you’re simply looking to design your personal kitchen remodel.
Instead, try Skipp.
Skipp is the easy way to generate thousands of layouts for your kitchen. We have a fast and easy 4-step process that makes the time-consuming task of modeling kitchen remodels a breeze. All it takes is:
- We’ll Measure Your 3D Kitchen Measurements: this is the most crucial part of a kitchen remodel. If you get something wrong, all the hours you’ve spent fiddling and learning a kitchen remodel program will go down the drain. Instead, we come and get all your precise measurements in just one in-person 30-minute scan.
- We’ll Generate Thousands of Layouts: next we’ll generate thousands of layouts so you can see all the possible options for your kitchen, and then narrow them down based on your budget and needs.
- Work with a Top Designer: you can even work with a top designer to remodel your kitchen to the highest standard. Best of all, it will cost you approximately 40% less than working with any other good contractor!
- Top-Quality Construction Begins: once everything is planned and mapped out, and you’ve picked your style, it’s time to get to work on the remodel! We only partner with the best contractors in your area, so you can be sure your kitchen is built to the highest possible standard.
Types Of Kitchen Remodel Software Available Today
There is plenty of choice of kitchen remodel design software. Some are free and some you have to pay for, some are web-based, and some you need to download. While a few are kitchen specific, most will let you design all sorts of rooms but have a kitchen design capability. There are many aspects to consider when designing a kitchen, but the software should guide you through the process. Here are a few if you’re thinking of trying to figure out your remodel on your own:
Homestyler – this is free but it is designed for people who work in the interior design industry, so isn’t accessible for beginners. If you have experience with CAD, however, you may find it familiar.
IKEA 3D Kitchen Planner – this is another free software but is very bare-bones. If you just want to play around with possible designs on your own and aren’t bothered by the rendering, it’s a good option.
SmartDraw – no 3D rendering here, but a great basic software for all designs, diagrams, and templates.
Architect 3D – not free, but affordable. It’s not focused on kitchens, but is a good option if you’re building your home.
Why Use Kitchen Remodel & Design Software?
If your budget doesn’t stretch to a kitchen designer, then kitchen remodel software is by far your best option. Even if you are going to employ contractors to fit your kitchen, you need to be able to show them exactly what you want, and kitchen renovation software allows you to do just that. If you are going to fit the kitchen yourself, then a kitchen remodel program is a must. A sketch on the back of an envelope is not going to cut it!
It also allows you to play with concepts, design and color way before you actually purchase the cabinets, worktops, and everything else.
If you want to DIY your kitchen but still want to take advantage of our kitchen design tools – we’ll be happy to help you! Simply reach out to us for your estimate and we’ll talk you through the process of DIYing your kitchen.
Pros & Cons of Kitchen Remodel Software
Every package is different, so not all pros and cons apply to every program, but things to look out for are:
- Crisp, clear graphics
- Easy to use measurements, even in 3D
- Ease of use
- You can fiddle with your design until you’re happy with it
- The availability of a good choice of different designs
- Some can be expensive
- Free software is limited in features and graphics
- Versatility can come at the price of a steep learning curve
- Support can be sketchy
- They’re not designed for beginners
- Some packages can be a little buggy
Is Kitchen Remodel Software Easy To Use?
The simple answer is some are, and some aren’t. You do have to be accurate with what you input; that’s a given. If you are tech-savvy, you will probably find most are fairly easy to grasp, but if you’re not…
If you’re planning on redesigning kitchens and rooms on this software often, but if you’re not, it will be a waste of time to learn.
Skipp can take all the worries away by doing all the techy stuff for you, guiding you through the entire process from beginning to end. Whether you want to work with us for the entirety of your kitchen remodel, or simply want to use our plans for your DIY project, we’re here to help.
Things to Plan for When Designing and Remodeling a Kitchen
If you have lived with your present kitchen for a while, you will probably be well aware of any deficiencies it has and its plus points. Grab a piece of paper and write down your needs and wants. Here are some things to consider:
- Frequent traffic areas – where is the best place for your refrigerator so people aren’t bumping into one another?
- Where you want your hob and oven to be – do you want them to be in a central position for socializing, or out of the way?
- Do you have a utility room or separate pantry you can use?
- Your children or future children and if they have any needs
- Do you want any major features?
- Do you want a built-in eating area?
- How much storage space do you need?
- How much cabinet space do you need?
- Do you cook often? Would you like to cook more often?
- Will the colors you want match your lifestyle? A white kitchen is beautiful, but difficult to maintain with two toddlers!
What Type of Things Can You Plan With Kitchen Remodel Software?
With some kitchen remodel programs, pretty much the sky's the limit, only your imagination can hold you back. Cabinets, colors, flooring, it can all be specified. Don’t forget some of the free apps are often geared towards one manufacturer, so make certain you want their products before you go through the design process.
With Skipp, you can design your kitchen down to the smallest detail!
What is the best software for kitchen design?
Skipp, of course! If you’re determined to DIY your planning, you can find some of the best suggestions above. However, we take all the worry from the process, leaving you free to look forward to the kitchen of your dreams.
Our top designers use our software to design the perfect kitchen for you and your space from the ground-up. Our designers can not only help you plan a functional kitchen, they’ll help you plan one that’s worthy of Instagram or Pinterest, too!